Episcopal Palace of Astorga
The construction of the Episcopal Palace starts with the fire that happens in 1886, destroying the Episcopal residence, so the bishop of Astorga at that time, Juan Bautista Grau, order to his friend the architect Antonio Gaudí, both natives of Reus, the building of the new palace. The construction began in 1889 following a neo-Gothic style that finally ended in 1913 after several years of interruption as a result of the death of the bishop. Although its construction had the objective of becoming an Episcopal residence, it never came to be used in that way. In 1962 it was established as the Los Caminos Museum that contains a wide collection of objects related especially with the Way of St. James.
- Opening time: Mornings: 11:00 – 14:00. Afternoons: 16:00 – 18:00. Sundays and Holidays: 11:00 – 14:00. Mondays all day and Sunday afternoons: CLOSED.